TERMS OF SERVICE AND DISCLAIMER
Service and Disclaimer
Last Modified: March 6, 2019
Welcome to our website’s Terms of Service and Disclaimer. This document governs your use of our website and provides important information regarding such use.
By accessing any portion of this website beyond the home page, you are submitting a request for further information about our qualifications and services. The interior pages of this website may contain testimonials from clients or others familiar with our services. The interior pages may also contain statements which characterize the nature and/or quality of our services. As with all legal services, past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future results. Users must be over the age of 18 to access this site or have permission from their parent or legal guardian.
The terms “User” or “you” or “your” refers to any person or entity that accesses, views, or downloads any content or data from this website.
The terms “we” “us” “firm” or “Walters Law Group” refers to the Florida professional association known as: Lawrence G. Walters, PA d/b/a Walters Law Group.
The term “Website” refers to the website or domain operated by Walters Law Group which links to these Terms of Service, along with any predecessor, successor or affiliated website(s) or domain(s).
III. Terms of Service
By accessing, viewing or using any part of this Website, the User agrees to be bound by the following Terms of Service (“Terms”):
1. The User’s agreement to these Terms shall be manifested by any use, viewing, or access to this Website. Accessing this website in violation of these Terms shall constitute unauthorized access to our computer servers, in violation of federal anti-hacking statutes. Do not use this Website unless you agree to all of the Terms set forth herein. You agree to regularly check these Terms, including the “Last Revised” date for any changes or revisions. Any continued use, viewing, or access to this Website after publication of changes or revisions to these Terms shall constitute your agreement to all of the Terms set forth herein.
2. Nothing contained on this Website shall create an attorney-client relationship between the User and the law firm; Walters Law Group, Lawrence G. Walters, Esq., or any attorney employed by Walters Law Group. The attorney-client relationship can only be formed by the execution of an engagement letter countersigned by a partner of the firm, along with payment of any requested retainer deposit.
3. Any and all articles or other information contained on this Website are for informational purposes only, and not intended as legal advice on any specific issue. Some information may be out of date or superseded by new developments in the law. You should not rely on any information contained on this site for the purposes of making decisions affecting you or your business in any way. Information found on the Internet is no substitute for competent legal advice.
4. Lawrence G. Walters is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in the State of Florida, (Florida Bar Number: 776599), the Florida Supreme Court, the U.S. Supreme Court, the United States Claims Court, and the Ninth, Eleventh, and D.C. Circuit Courts of Appeal. Other attorneys in the firm are licensed in Arizona, Michigan, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, and the District of Columbia. Admission to courts in other states, on a pro hac vice basis, may be sought with the assistance of local counsel. Such admission is subject to the approval of the presiding judge in any given case.
5. Occasionally, legal services rendered by the firm are performed by attorneys under contract with the law firm, under the supervision and approval of a partner. Local counsel will be retained in jurisdictions where the attorneys are not licensed to practice or appear in court. Advice on federal, constitutional, or international law, applicable in all 50 states, may be provided by any attorney in the firm.
6. Nothing contained on the Website is intended to suggest that any attorney with Walters Law Group has obtained a certification in any particular specialty recognized by the Florida Bar Association.
7. All attorneys in the firm are members in good standing of the bar of their home state.
8. The text of this Website was prepared by or under the supervision of Lawrence G. Walters, Esquire. Questions or comments regarding anything contained on this Website should be directed to our contact page: https://www.firstamendment.com/contact-us/
9. Walters Law Group does not exercise control over the content of any site to which the firm site is linked, or any third party content embedded on the Website. Any questions, comments or concerns regarding third party content should be directed to the operator of those sites. We are not liable for third party content posted on this site, pursuant to 47 U.S.C. § 230.
10. This site is copyrighted. © Lawrence G. Walters, P.A. (2001-2019). Duplication or reproduction of any content found on this site is not permitted absent a separate, written agreement.
11. The terms: FirstAmendment.com, GameCensorship.com, AdultIndustryUpdate.com, GamblingLawUpdate.com, DMCANotice.com, Quick2257®, QuickDMCA®, OnlineDatingLaw.com, LawOfSex.com, WebLawNetwork.com, BirthDateVerifier, and Your Freedom is Our Business® are trademarks and service marks of Lawrence G. Walters, P.A. All rights reserved.
12. The designated agent for service of notices pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is as follows:
Lawrence G. Walters, Esq. Walters Law Group 195 W. Pine Ave. Longwood, FL 32750 (fax) (407) 774-6151 (email) notice[at]dmcanotice[dot]com
We process all DMCA notices in accordance with federal law, and have adopted a policy of terminating any third party that repeatedly provides or submits infringing material. Our Notice and Takedown Policy can be found here: http://www.dmcanotice.com/Notice&TakedownPolicy.html
13. Any dispute arising out of the use, viewing or access to this Website, or the interpretation or enforcement of these Terms, shall be submitted to arbitration before a single arbitrator pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Venue for any arbitration proceeding shall be in Seminole County, Florida, unless otherwise agreed by the parties or ordered by the Arbitrator. The arbitrator shall have no power to award special, consequential, or punitive damages, or certify a class. The First Amendment shall be recognized in any arbitration proceeding arising hereunder. The arbitration proceedings shall be confidential.
14. These Terms and all disputes arising therefrom shall be governed by Florida law.
15. These Terms represent the entire agreement between the parties and shall be deemed fully integrated.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties: Neither Walters Law Group nor Lawrence G. Walters, Esq., shall be responsible for any defects relating to the use, operation or access to the Website. Any and all warranties, both express or implied, are specifically disclaimed unless the User’s jurisdiction prohibits such disclaimer. In no case shall the law firm Walters Law Group or Lawrence G. Walters, Esq., be responsible for any special, punitive, or consequential damages.
17. Statements made on the Website do not necessarily reflect the views of all members or attorneys of Walters Law Group, or of the firm as a whole.
18. Nothing contained on this Website is intended as an “advertisement” within the meaning of Fla.R.Prof.Cond. 4-7.2, other than as required by said rule. The information contained on the interior pages of this Website is intended as “information provided upon request” from the User, within the meaning of Fla.R.Prof.Cond. 4-7.6. 19. Additional information regarding the experience and qualifications of the attorneys Walters Law Group are available upon written request. Such request should be directed to:
Lawrence G. Walters, Esq. Walters Law Group 195 W. Pine Ave. Longwood, FL 32750
IV. Florida Bar Association Disclaimer “The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.”
© Walters Law Group (2010-19). All rights reserved. Last revised: 3/06/19
Service and Disclaimer